百枝穂神社(Momoesuki shrine)

This post is also available in: 日本語

Hyaku碕eho Shrine is located on "Keijima" located on a sea about 1碕00 meters west of Higozaki shrine.

From here, I will explain the name of the listed shrine in chronological order.

"Izumo Kuni Fudoki" was completed on February 30, 1300 years ago and 5 years ago (733).
Next, the Enki-shiki Shinmei book was completed about 1100 years ago in the middle of the Heian period (extended 5 years and 927 years).
Finally, it is the ronsha (present shrine) of "Izumo Kuni Fudoki" and "Enki-shiki Shinmeisho"

【約1300年前】About 1300 years ago

【出雲國風土記(izumo no kuni fudoki)所載社(Place of publication)】
The shrine record was completed in February 733 AD.

【國】 出雲國(izumo no kuni)

【郡】 出雲郡 (izumo no kori)条
不在神祇官社(fuzaijingikan no yashiro )

【社名】百枝槐社

【読み】(ももえすき の)やしろ
【How to read】(momoesuki no) yashiro

国立公文書館デジタルアーカイブ『出雲国風土記』写本
https://www.digital.archives.go.jp/DAS/meta/listPhoto?LANG=default&BID=F1000000000000003351&ID=&TYPE=&NO=画像利用

スポンサーリンク

【約1100年前】About 1100 years ago

【延喜式神名帳(engishiki jimmeicho)所載社(Place of publication)】
The shrine record was completed in December 927 AD.

There is no place for the absent Shinto shrine (fusaijingikan no yashiro )
Because it is a non-governmental company, it is not applicable.

スポンサーリンク

【現在】At the moment 【論社】Current specific shrine

【神社名】(shrine name) 

百枝穂神社(Momoesuki shrine)
(ももえすきじんじゃ)

【通称名】(Common name)

経島 Fumi Island

【鎮座地】(location)

Hisamachi, Izumo City, Shimane Prefecture碕451

【地 図】(Google Map)

【御祭神】(God’s name to pray)

《主》 天照大御神(amaterasu omi kami)

【御神格】(God’s great power)

【格式】(Rules of dignity)

日御碕神社(hinomisaki shrine)摂社

【創建】(Beginning of history)

神代
Shrinks are very old, from the days when the gods durable
And the Death Is Still Going on

【由緒】(history)

・「経島(fumi shima)」下の本社 = 日沈の宮(hishizumi no miya)の元宮

The Mikogami of 素盞嗚尊(susanowo no mikoto) is "天葺根命(ameno fukine no mikoto)". = When the ancestors of the Ono family went to "Fumishima"

"This is the god of the day, and here, bless the people of the whole world, enshrine the thy speed" and receive the oracle of Amaterasu Omi kami.
It was the beginning that the soul was enshrined in "fumi shima" and later "momoe no matsu of the sutra island was dedicated as a god tree"

The temple was founded in "fumi shima" by the order of the 9th Emperor Kaika Tenno.
This is the "momoesuki shrine" in Izumo no kuni fudoki.

In 948 (Tenryaku 2nd year), it is enshrined in the current "hinomisaki shrine" by the order of the "62nd Emperor Murakami (murakami tenno)".

下の本社 = 日沈の宮(hishizumi no miya)の由緒

日しずみの宮は、

Since the Gods
It was located on the island of Keijima (also known as Bunjima or Hikijima) on the coast (the beach of Kiyoe) near the current company site, but it was relegated to the present company site by the order of Emperor Murakami in the second year of the Calendar (about 1,000 years ago).

To ask Keijima the origin of go-senza,

神代の昔 素盞嗚尊の御子神 天葺根命(又天冬衣命と申す)清江の浜に出ましし時、
島上の百枝の松に 瑞光輝き

『吾はこれ日ノ神なり、此処に鎮まりて天下の人民を恵まん、汝速に吾を祀れ。』と天照大御神の御神託あり、
命 即ち悦び畏みて 直ちに島上に大御神を斎き祀り給うたと云う。

又 『日の出る所 伊勢国 五十鈴川の川上に 伊勢大神宮を鎮め祀り 日の本の昼を守り、出雲国 日御碕 清江の浜に 日しずみの宮を建て 日御碕大神宮と称して 日の本の夜を護らん』と
天平7年乙亥の勅の一節に輝きわたる日の大神の御霊顕が仰がれる。

かように 日御碕は 古来夕日を銭け鎮める霊域として 中央より幸運恵の神として 深く崇敬せられたのである。

そして、安寧天皇13年勅命による祭祀あり、又第九代開化天皇2年勅命により島上に神殿が造営された(出雲国風土記に見える 百枝しぎ社 なり)
村上天皇 天暦2年前記の如く 現社地に御遷座せられ、後「神の宮」と共に日御碕大神宮と称せられる。

「全国神社祭祀祭礼総合調査(平成7年)」[神社本庁]から参照

【境内社】(Other deities within the precincts)

經島神社《主》 天照大御神(amaterasu omi kami)
《配》 大己貴命(onamuji no mikoto)
天葺根命(ameno fukine no mikoto)

 

スポンサーリンク

【オタッキーポイント】(Points selected by Japanese Otaku)

「経島(fumi shima)」は神の島 入らずの島

"Fumishima" is a shrine area of Hinomisaki shrine, and general access other than priesthood is prohibited.

Only priests can go to "fumi shima" by boat at the time of the festival on August 7th once a year.
The festival of the sunset "Kamiyuki Shinto" is performed every moment while the sunset sets in the Sea of Japan, and the appearance that it is performed drifts with the gods.

 

スポンサーリンク

【神社にお詣り】(Pray at the shrine)

It is located on the sea about 100m west of Hinomisaki shrine.

It is an uninhabited island with an area of about 3000 square meters.

"Fumi shima" is famous as a breeding ground for sea cats.
As designated as a national natural monument, more than 5,000 sea cats fly in from late November to winter every year, spawning and hatching from April to May, growing chicks, and flying off the island around July.

Depending on the season, it's full of sea cats.
Because it was early August at the time of taking this photograph, it is a prayer from the fishing port "misaki nohama" across the street.

 

【神社の伝承】(Old tales handed down to shrines)

出雲國風土記(izumo no kuni fudoki)によれば

There is a place in the article of the coastal topography of Izumo-gun.
The beach directly opposite is called "misaki no hama".
After all, "fumi shima" is called "mitsuki no shima" and is regarded as the island of God.

【原文】『御前濱 廣一百廿歩〔有百姓之家〕
御厳嶋 〔生海藻〕』

(意訳)『御前浜(misaki no hama) 広さは一百二十歩〔民家があります〕
御厳島(mitsuki no shima)〔海藻(nori)が生えます〕』

国立公文書館デジタルアーカイブ『出雲国風土記』写本
https://www.digital.archives.go.jp/DAS/meta/listPhoto?LANG=default&BID=F1000000000000003351&ID=&TYPE=&NO=画像利用

"Fumi shima"
is Head office 碕 "Hinomisaki shrine" is the motomiya of Hifumi no miya. Headquarters under "hinomisaki shrine" = Former shrine of hisizumi no miya

「経島(fumi shima)」は 天照大御神(amaterasu omi kami)が 現在の日御碕神社(hinomisaki shrine)に祀られる前に鎮座されていたといわれる島
百枝穂神社(momoesuki shrine)に「拝 (hai)」(90度のお辞儀)

 

This post is also available in: 日本語

おすすめ記事

-Uncategorized
-,

Copyright© shrine-heritager , 2022 All Rights Reserved.